Top Event Spaces in Singapore
Let's be honest; it's not easy to pick a place for a successful and fun event. This is especially true if you have never hosted an event before. The location of your event has a big impact on how your event will run. Thus, make sure you pick the best and most suitable one. Here are the best event spaces you can book for your big day:
Event Spaces Rental Guide
You want to have an event, but you don't know where to start planning it. You'll get off to the best possible start if you choose a place that suits your event goal. When planning your event, you should give top priority to finding a place that can not only hold the event but also serve other purposes. Try to choose a place that fits with the message and mood you want to send to your guests. Private event space can be used for the following purposes:
- Corporate seminar
Corporate seminars are flexible events that can be used for many different reasons, like informative talks or live demonstrations of the latest technological advances. These events are a great way to give professionals a sense of drive and enthusiasm. You have to make sure that everyone at the corporate seminar is paying attention. The way your event space is set up can help keep people interested. For example, you can coordinate with the event space to customise the seating and table arrangement of the area. You can ask them to put small tables in a circle around the main stage. This way, guests could talk to each other in their own space without feeling like they were being watched. Also, the stage becomes the centre of everyone's attention.
Hiring an event space for your workshop is ideal since you will have the flexibility to arrange the space so that everyone will see the visuals you've put together. Moreover, you can request the venue host to create spaces for breakout sessions or somewhere people can eat during lunch. No matter how many people are coming in, you have to choose an event space for a workshop that is large enough to give the guests some breathing room, especially if you will have live demonstrations and physical activities. If there is a limit to the amount of space, you should also limit the number of people who can sign up.
The meteoric rise in popularity of wedding packages offered by hotels is in part due to how convenient they are. They make it possible for the whole event to take place in the same space. For example, the ceremony and reception can both take place in the same room. Putting money into a wedding location that is more unique and fits the couple's tastes makes the event more memorable and expressive.
- Meetings and conferences
Because some office meeting rooms are boring and repetitive, people are more likely to have trouble paying attention. Event space that can be used for meetings that are more open and bright can make for a more productive and upbeat atmosphere. In a similar way, conferences can benefit from event space that catches people's attention and gets them excited. Regular conference attendees are used to going to the same familiar places, so choosing a venue that looks nothing like the others can be a good way to get people interested and excited.
- Dinner dances, banquets, and award show
If a dinner party or banquet is known for being expensive, the place where it is held might make people doubt that. These get-togethers are meant to be luxurious and fun, but if they are held in a place that doesn't fit with these goals, the message can get muddled. Hotel rooms with low ceilings and not enough light can take away from how big these events are. Luxury event spaces will make dinner dances and banquets feel more glamorous.
- Profitable events
When planning an event to make money, it is even more important to think about where the event will take place. To get people to come to an event that will cost them money, the location must first impress them enough that they are willing to pay.
How do you determine how much space you need for your event?
A good rule of thumb for an event space with a standing crowd is to give each person six square feet. If you are looking for an event space for a hundred people, you will need a venue with at least 600 square feet of usable space. You can figure this out by multiplying the number of guests by six.
What type of services should an event space Singapore provide?
The type of services the event space should provide depends on what type of event you are going to have. Some venues cater to specific events, limiting the services they can offer. Nevertheless, no matter what type of event you are hosting, make sure the event space you choose can provide the following services:
- Toilet provision
- Parking facilities
- Waste & Recycling facilities
- Electricity and water supply
- Public transport
How do you set up an event space?
When planning your event, it's important not to forget about two important things: packing in and packing out. To help you get ready, we've put together a list of some of the most important things to think about so that setting up an event space goes as smoothly as possible.
- Get your checklist ready: It shouldn't be too hard for you to make a list of everything you need to do for moving in and moving out. Make sure you have them ready, so you don't forget any of the important parts. This will let you set tasks, assign them to other people, and check them off as they are done.
- Keep track of who comes in and out of the venue: This lets you keep track of who is there and where they are. From a logistics point of view, it might help bring together the different parts of the event location. It makes it easier to set up the building.
- Check the signages: People will need to know where to go. Specialised signs around the event space will make your job much easier, keep your staff informed, and stop people from asking you the same questions over and over again.
- Have spare equipment on hand: Even if you are the most organised person in the world when it comes to planning events, that doesn't mean that all of your staff are. It's a good idea to have extra equipment like cable ties, duct tape, velcro, scissors, and safety pins, in case people don't bring their own.
- Set aside time for briefings: When the event is being set up is the best time to talk to your crew to give them an overview of how the event will be run, key responsibilities, and any risk-mitigation strategies. Make sure you have time in your schedule so you can go to these meetings. You will rest a little easier knowing that everyone knows their roles and responsibilities during the event.
- Make sure that there is security all throughout the event: Because so many things have been brought onto the property, the event you are hosting could become a target for illegal activity. If you and your team are going to be working late at the site, you might want to have security come on as the night goes on. This will give your team the peace of mind that comes from knowing that there is security on site watching not only your equipment but also the safety of your staff.
- Leave the event space as it was before the event: When you leave the venue for the last time, you want to be in a place where you can look around and see the same scene you saw when you first got there. A quick check for trash doesn't take long if the team splits the area into sections and works on them at the same time.
Now that you know what kinds of event spaces are available, you can start finding your ideal venue and negotiating a good deal! Hire the best event space for rent Singapore has to offer here at Venuerific.